Monday, November 24, 2008

the prettier side of recovery

I am feeling the effects of my last dose of narcotics, so this post is a quick one. Here are my humorous attempts at keeping it real. :)

I am feeling a bit like Ms. Jolie. Other adults are watching my children while I hang out with a good looking husband. Strangers tell me how lovely my children are. Oh, and the more water weight I lose, the better my giant lips look! Definitely puffville at my house this week.

Discovered a cool trick: when the rushing sounds of my pulse race through my ears, I push on all sides of my face and it's instantly quieter.
Check out these sexy lips...they got worse but sadly, or maybe not, these are the pics I snapped of the uber grossness.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Katherine, you are looking great! I know what you mean about the puffy lips ... I had some major lips going on as well. Sorry to hear that you had such a rough time pain-wise, I hope you are feeling some relief and staying ahead of it with the meds. Hang in there ... the worst is behind you. Take care of yourself and get all the rest you can!

Gigi said...

Wishing you well, and that each day will see an easing of your pain. Thinking of you from Virginia.

L3 said...

Sis, thx for sharing pics of the result. Excited for you and can't wait for continued updates. Hope you are feeling a little better today, and can relate to the slow recover process (ie. wrist surgery a few years ago). I respect the macho effort, but give yourself permission to be the patient for a while. It will pay dividends in the end. Love you and praying for your healing! L3

laura said...

Looking good! The swelling will go down soon though it probably won't feel like it is. Take lots of pics though and you'll see it, day by day. And hooray for morphine! I didn't start to get feeling back for a few days, but that was certainly the most painful part.