Tuesday, November 25, 2008

happy anniversary!

Eight years ago on a cold, rainy day B and I said our vows in front of many dear family and friends. Thank you to anyone reading this blog in 2008 who supported us back then. We young things needed lots of advice along the way! With each year that passes I am more pleased with my groom. As I see my respectable sins, too, I am reminded how little I deserve such a fine man. All good things really are a gift of grace...

Some highlights of those 8 years:
  • 2001- B is a student, I am laid off in the tech crash...we are in love, in debt, scared and decide to try small town living....who knew we'd find such a grand hometown in Columbia?

  • 2003- B is still a student, found a job I adore, but I'm traveling too much with work.





  • Next, B is still a student, and he encourages me to follow my dream of studying abroad for an MBA. Now we're both students again, have no money, but are very happy. Remember climbing Mt. Schafberg?


  • 2005 - We celebrated 5 years together, realizing for how much of it we had lived apart.

  • Blessed with a baby girl, now a SAHM. Still think sometimes about the roads not taken but, mighty happy.
  • 2007 - Blessed with a second baby girl.Look at 'em cooo-ute baby feet.








  • After hearing me talk about it enough, you encouraged my wish of getting braces. And here I am on our 8th anniversary. Gooby lipped, and despite the temporary grumpiness, still very much in love.

Happy Anniversary B!












2 comments:

mcgee33 said...

That is so sweet!! Good for you two for making choices that weren't always about money (like both being students at the same time!). And, good for you, for hearing your wife's desire for braces B! Happy Anniversary to two people I don't know!!!

holski said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful family. =)

You look fab by the way... right on track!