Thursday, November 27, 2008

lounging in bed, again

Today marks 1 week since surgery. Amazing. On Day 5, I felt awesome. noticed lots of swelling was down, chatted up a storm, smiled with my children, saw visitors. but once again did not sleep. Day 6, I sadly paid for all that talking. still no sleep at night. Today, the situation is somewhat improved, but uncomfortable. I can't quite shake the frequent "white, hot pain" spasms.

So, I have modified my med schedule. This should help with sleep. Without any rest, every response is exaggerated. Y'all, I was taking a different med at every hour for six days. No wonder I feel loony!

I'm called the OS to ask him my questions. He was pleasant, reassured me that all my issues were temporary.

Kinda vacillating between wincing and weeping. Where did my old normal self go? Sorry to sound down. It's just gonna be one of those harder days. Maybe today is my low point?


4 comments:

L3 said...

Katherine,

This message is from the entire Webb Clan:

Sitting here eating cheese curls, drinking wine, and getting a full COLA recap. Sorry we could not all be there to offer a helping hand and spend time the girls while you're recovering. Today's disheartened entry is not overly surprising. The road to recovery is often paved with cobblestone rather than asphalt! We are thinking of you this Thanksgiving, and very thankful that your surgery went so well! Can't wait to get the next round of updates! Give our love to Bruce and the girls!

Anonymous said...

Hey, sweetie! Mom and Daddy here! So pleased to hear you are feeling a wee bit better! Hated to leave you "four E's" after my ten day visit, but know you are in GREAT hands with Dr. Bruce! Hope B and the girls had a lovely turkey dinner w/ the P's and now you can enjoy some quiet time while the girls hopefully nap for you! Kiss and hug them for Mimi! I miss you! b

Katherine (Kate) said...

Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of days and hope the new med schedule (EVERY hour??? Yikes!) allows for some much needed sleep. That alone will probably have you feeling much better, and more emotionally equiped to handle the discomfort.

One moment at a time, it WILL pass, and it WILL get better *hug*

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY, Katherine! Hope it finds you feeling less blue (and green!) and more into the Pink! :-) We all miss you here for the holiday; yet know resting and recouperating is indeed the best Rx for you! many hugs being sent your way by your 'first' family! Love you, Mom