Friday, October 3, 2008

2 week countdown - I will sing a new song

I am writing a quick (and randomly organized) post while my babies nap. Much to do today!
Just a year ago I knew very little about orthognathic surgery. I have grown so used to thinking about the BSSO and Lefort I that I forget how gruesome the procedure can sound. What an amazing journey so far. I am immensely thankful this week for a sense of peace. Bono’s lyrics have been floating through my mind all morning.

Words from Psalm 40:1-3 come to mind:

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry,
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.

Here are my latest molds. Isn’t the difference fabulous? It will be a grand day when I can chew without the “going in a circle round and round” routine. I am really curious what my surgeon will say about the narrow bite on my back right molars. Will he recommend a 1-piece or 2-piece Lefort? My OD thinks he can correct it with braces post surgery. I hope so…it seems like the recovery would be better.

Pre-op on Monday.

Oh, and I borrowed a copy of Tucker's new book (thanks Dr.B!). The new color photos are AMAZING...I'll try to post about these over the weekend. It has been a real encouragement.

Well, babies are awake now. Better run!

No comments: