Sunday, October 5, 2008

Class II compensation

Does my title seem strange? I've been titling my posts for easy reference when it makes sense in hopes that others researching these same topics will find what they need. It is so frustrating to spend hours online without answering medical questions that seem answerable.

I have high esteem for anyone who has completed the tests, study, training, and Boards that our medical field requires. The authors of Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 5th Edition have invested a great portion of their lives helping people. I highly encourage any fellow info junkies out there (and you know who you are!) to locate a copy of this medical textbook through your public library.

I am going to share a few pages from the book, but there is a plethora of excellent research, photographs and analysis inside its 700 pages. Yup, I've read through the entire book. Twice. :)

This first picture explains why many of us orthognathic patients feel "it gets worse before it gets better". Here is an example of a Class II bite.

No comments: