Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Steel wires are back

I had a good adjustment yesterday. New steel wires were placed on both U/Ls. My OD shaved the wires near my front two teeth to "pop them out". He also put an upper type wire on my lowers, trying to pull the back molars out to a wider arch. When the technician cut the back wires, I swore I heard a molar shatter...thankfully, it only felt like it did. I'm beginning to think "regular ol' plastic surgery" would be way better than what I've agreed to.


Beware anytime you hear the words "torque" and "molar" in the same sentence. Owieee!

I pushed for one more adjustment appointment before my surgical wires are placed, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Too much has been arranged at this point to risk moving my surgery date again. :)
I snapped some pictures yesterday which show how my two jaws line up Before surgery. The persistent gap was much improved going into my appointment, but within minutes of my teeth being strapped onto the steel wires, it opened back up again. Argh...It's true what everyone says, it gets worse before it gets better.

No comments: