Friday, September 5, 2008

scary braces

I think I scared off all my readers with the palin pic. I sure hope not...'cause while I was really psyched by her speech a week ago (though by no means blind to her weaknesses), this is still a blog about Babies and Braces. :)

Just spoke with my surgeon today. He listened to my concerns (again), and confirmed our dates are set for October. He was fine with the recent movements my ortho made to wires, bite, etc.

After some discussion, he explained why their office doesn't use the Dolphin imaging program to generate my new face. Don't have a server for it. Hmm. We brainstormed that the Ortho dept at MUSC, which does use this software, should be able to help us. We'll see. I know in the end it's the surgeon's hands I'm trusting, but I'd like one more peep at my proposed face. Of all the details of surgery this freaks me out the most.

Maybe it's better not to see the future? Maybe the future would freak me out more? When my hip bones rotated forward post baby girl #1, it was really weird. My pregnancy weight came off quickly, and one day I felt courageous enough to try on my skinny jeans. Surprise they fit, just not cross my hip bones. After another 9 months of body sculpting and nursing, I gave 'em to goodwill. They just didn't look the same as they had before la bambina.

And la bambina now? She turns three next week. Here is a snapshot of her on her way to the first day of preschool. I just had to dress her in my first sewing project...a very fine pair indeed.



3 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Hahaha! I don't believe for a minute you'd scare anyone off! Summer just seems to be a super crazy time where you pop in quick to see what everybody is up to but have to dash again before forming a resopnse to indicate you've been by (this is Me, anyways...oh so happy for the start of school, not because the kids are gone, but for the routine that seems to come with it :)... and hense my lack of posts, lately. By monday.... promise!)

I hear you with wanting to see projected images...kind of... I keep waffling between a "need to know" as a means of becoming aquainted beforehand and just wanting to concentrate on a healthy state of mind to accept the final outcome. Just me, but I'm of the persuasion that it's going to be a bit odd actually meeting my new face in the mirror post-op no matter how close that projection is to out-come.

Bet you found a NEW pair of go-to skinny jeans that fit JUST right! :)

Good for you on your summer projects; a very fine pair, indeeed!

Stephanie said...

Hi Katherine, thanks for stopping by my blog! September will pass by before you know it (at least my last month before surgery did!) ... I can't believe I'm only 2 days away! I added you to my blog roll so I can check on your progress.

Dragon (Karen) said...

No way I've been scared off, just away on a holiday with my hubby.

Great you're doing so much research and here's to things running smoothly!