Friday, January 23, 2009

my new smile


This week my OD instructed me how to "settle my bite" with elastics. I had been wearing light elastics in a classic Class II position for the last month. Since only my eye teeth have been touching I look forward to feeling an improved bite.

In order to configure the trio of elastics, additional wires were added. Little ones, sure, but really, who wants more metal in their mouth a this point? They don't bother me that much, except when my lower lip is accidentally caught. Ooo-weee! When I wake up, I still feel like someone hit my face with a baseball bat, happily though, this unique feeling is not visible to anyone else! The best part of the new config is the super tight box across the front. I teased my husband that this must have been his idea, to keep me from eating my way back into my old clothes! :)
Now, for the lighter side of dental hygiene. My youngest loves to imitate me wrestling with the pesky little bands. If I open wide, and growl with these babies on, giggles erupt for everyone. Once big sister saw me pull out the camera to capture the cute moment, she, too imitated my antics.
Braces and babies, don't you love 'em? :)

2 comments:

holski said...

They are precious!!!! =) =) =)

Katherine (Kate) said...

Yes, we love 'em :)

Here's to more than those eyae teeth touching~ CHOMP!