Saturday, January 10, 2009

Babies and braces and babies?

I am now officially TTC baby number 3! It feels absolutely wonderful to be here, after all the praying, hand wringing, and researching.

I'm am very happy with my decision to postpone #3 until after having surgery. The timing has been good, not just for me but also for my family. I would be dishonest if I didn't share that I've longed for another child for months now. And there have been some big bumps along the way. Certainly, many people face the same longings without the clear hope my husband and I share for more children. I am immensely thankful to be where I am. Truly.

Thank you to anyone who has listened to me ramble through my heart workings over this past year. It has been quite a journey. When I review previous posts, I cringe at the poor grammar, unnecessary anxieties, and nonsense ramblings...and yet, this blog has served me well as both a journal and a fantastic way to connect with other ortho-bloggers.

Oh, and Holly, in case you're wondering who checks your blog like 8x per day, it's me. I know you have great links to everyone. :)

6 comments:

mcgee33 said...

okay, what's TTC baby #3 mean? I just can't figure it out????

holski said...

Elaine, I wasn't sure either so I looked it up! TTC = Trying to concieve I think... =)

If that's the case... Congrats Katherine! You are a wonderful mother and any new baby will be lucky to have you! =)

Don't worry about checking my blog a lot... I'm just glad someone's going there... It feels like orthoblogger ghosttown right now. I guess most people get surgery in the summer. (Elaine being an exception... I am keeping an eye on your blog girlfriend!)

Katherine (Kate) said...

I am so happy for you, Katherine! Things are really falling into place now, aren't they? Will be praying all goes well with ,um, creating.... #3!!

It DOES feel like a ghosttown, Holly! Thank you for saying something, 'cause it's been driving me crazy! Used to be you'd post & have 10 comments within days. I've been trying to figure out why everything's been so quiet, so you could be right about the summer thing. (Eva and Clarissa have had December surgeries, so they're the most recent.)

I think part of it is the stage everyone is at, too. There's a bunch who have passed the 6 weeks post surgery mark, and things often slow down then, and there's a bunch of us in the 'dying of boredom waiting for s%^* to happen' camp. The activity does seems to wax and wane.

Kam said...

You are super-woman! Braces & Surgery & Family & A Baby soon to be on the way. You're incredible! And looking great from what I've seen of the more recent photos!!

cookieyum said...

Best wishes on TTC and Congrats on your surgery, you look wonderful. I have 4 children myself and there is nothing that I have enjoyed more in my life than my kids, the good along with the not so good. Kelley (KAM) is my daughter #2, I had my third child at 31, and the fourth one at 35.

Foxface said...

"I think part of it is the stage everyone is at, too. There's a bunch who have passed the 6 weeks post surgery mark, and things often slow down then, and there's a bunch of us in the 'dying of boredom waiting for s%^* to happen' camp."

Ohh, I'm knee deep in that camp right now. And I've been lazy. I've been meaning to share my shocking neglect of my waterpik with people in ortho blog land for weeks. Glad to see you're all still out there...