Saturday, January 31, 2009

10 weeks post op improvements

A quick post to document the changes:

Each week is better than the week before. Chewing is better but by no means normal yet, perhaps because my teeth are still shifting in my wires. My arches continue to widen. My elastics are now my friends. The whole insert elastic technique is improving also - I'm down to 3 minutes from 12 or so. The front box pattern has totally moved my front teeth in place. Very cool. My guess is that I have another 6 months of braces.

Feeling is slowly returning to my lower lip and chin. I can feel my finger if I drag it across the chin, but the tingly sensation is kinda painful. Kissing is better, but again, not yet normal. Feeling has returned faster on my right side. When I smile, my left side doesn't quite wake up. I have to concentrate to make my smile, well, smile. Weird. I am hopeful this is not permanent.

My husband has either been working or out of town the last few weeks, and with my attention focused on disciplining my children, blogging has taken a back seat, for sure. Hope to correct that trend! And I hope to take a new picture tomorrow. My current pic looks so smirky.

2 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

So good to hear everything's s-l-o-w-l-y coming together :)

Michelle said...

So happy for you that everything is going so well. I'm sorry I disappeared for a time but, I'm back now. You look fantastic!!!