Monday, March 30, 2009

rebellion

For about ten days, I have rebelled against wearing my band configuration (see Susan's blog for close ups). It's not that I have intentionally decided to reject the "ostrich" and "fox" buddies, rather I was too busy eating or talking to bother with them. Staring tomorrow the bands go back in. Each day of bands is a day closer to debracing, right?

I just returned from a weekend trip to Texas to visit family. It was a really good trip. My mother flew with me & the girls, and we reconnected with relatives we haven't seen in years. One of my cousins married a girl a few years back, and she had lower jaw surgery for a Class II back in December. We finally met at a big birthday party for one of my uncles. Though she wasn't nearly as excited as I was to relive the experience, we did connect as the only adults at the party in braces. :)

Here is a snapshot of my two daughters riding a horse for the first time at one relative's ranch.Their hot pink cowgirl princess hats are from the rodeo...yeah baby! Texas rocks.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I couldn't read all of your post because the ribbon is in the way :) But I wanted to tell you I love the new picture! You look GREAT.