Monday, June 2, 2008

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am breaking from my usual journal format to send a hearty THANKS to each of you who have shared an encouraging word or a helpful comment. Your thoughts have really meant a lot to me. They have helped me find perspective on what can be a highly subjective experience.

We are celebrating my youngest daughter's first birthday this week, and I decided to make a photo collage with one photo from each month of the past year. It is amazing to see just how fast time passes. Even though each day brings a slightly new dental discovery, all in all, the last four months have fluttered past as I went about my usual routines. The photographs made me smile, albeit with melancholy for the passing of such a sweet, sweet time. You readers with children know just what I'm talking about. :)


My self esteem is in a better place today, and as I scanned through hundreds of photographs, a couple of thoughts struck me:
  • I miss not having braces, but am sooooooo glad I'm finally got 'em!

  • when I smile with sincerity, my jaw problems are way less noticeable!

  • life is too short for me to take myself as seriously as I have been!

So I just wanted to say merci beaucoup - grazie - gracias - danke to everyone. Let's smile!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thinking of my 2 girls, does help me put things into perspective. I too need to relax more. Life is a great journey and this Ortho. business, just a bump in the road.

Thank you too!!

Katherine (Kate) said...

How can you look at a grin like that and NOT smile back?!

Thank YOU! :)

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great that the important things in your life are helping you find perspective Katherine!

Hope your daughter had a wonderful first birthday and all goes well with your orthodontic progress! :)