Monday, June 16, 2008

celery cheeks

I am waiting for an adjustment tomorrow after my first month with power chains. The space in my lower teeth seems pretty persistent, though the constant-but-different teeth aches over the last 2 weeks encourage me that something is going on. :)

The lack of a surgery date has not kept me from dreaming about jaw surgery. It's weird how it's taken over my dreams lately. The inside of my mouth has lots of tender spots from I guess, night time "chewing". When I slide my tongue inside my cheeks, it feels like a piece of celery, with all its' tiny ridges.

A good thing about my gray power chains is that they don't stain as badly as the ligs did. For my birthday last week, DH and I ate fabulous Korean curries, drank red wine, and split a decadent dessert & coffee, without any telling dental signs!

My toddlers are in their first swim lesson this week, which means I'm skipping my exercise classes and pretending to be a teenager again. Where did those long summers at the pool go?

No comments: