Tuesday, September 15, 2009

psssst....

As of 12:10 pm EST today, I am de-banded!

Woohoo!

I was totally NOT expecting that to happen today, but of course, am quite pleased. There was a small space in the middle of my lowers that developed after the last adjustment (and change to a wider wire, 72Steels). Well, my dear OD just held these teeth together while he inserted my new permanent retainer along the bottom six teeth. Phew, I won't lie, it was pretty. darn. uncomfortable.

My blog is titled Babies and Braces, two subjects on which I have thought much since being banded in January 2008. Now 37.5 weeks pregnant with my third baby, and memories of giving birth on my mind, I was determined not to let a little pain prevent those arch wires from coming off. :)

It worked!

I am wearing my new Essix retainer on the top 24-7, and will return to the OD for a positioner in 3 weeks to put the finishing touches on my bite. Of course, our baby is due in 3 weeks, too, so this next step will likely be delayed. He he he. It feels marvelous and bizarre and anti climatic and dreamy all at the same time. My face once again looks subtly different. My lips rest differently without the brackets. Hmmm. I am still in a state of mild shock...I mean...can the last big hurdle really be over?

We'll see. I 'll post pics as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Rae said...

YAY!!! Congratulations and can't wait to see pics!! (Please post them SOON otherwise, you'll have baby #3 and forget all about us braces-buddies!)

God bless!! :)

Ed said...

I'm glad you finally had the braces removed! The feeling inside your mouth must be different now. It would feel much better, I hope. Anyway, being from Tucson, AZ, dentists have greatly helped me gain confidence and self-esteem by making my teeth look perfect.