Sunday, September 27, 2009

pearly whites and a big belly

I love, love, love having my braces off!

I finally purchased a new camera. With our new gadget in hand, our family has been snapping photos everywhere...here are a few of my pearly whites and my sweet daughters.






The first week or so was painful as my teeth settled. Wearing my retainer brought unexpected discomfort around my upper jaw, but only where I have metal screws holding the maxilla in place. I admit to freaking out a bit about this...my right jaw joint is making frequent grinding and clicking noises - NOT what I wanted to hear after undergoing jaw surgery - but until I deliver our baby I am unable to have an x-ray to examine the cause. Thankfully, the pain receded along with a cold...so perhaps it was only sinus pressure? Not really sure.

Right now, I am trying to enjoy the freedom from crazy elastic configurations and not focus on the minor imperfections I see. Honestly, this is difficult after almost two years of orthodontic mania.

These photographs remind me that my daughters won't remember if my teeth have small calcium deposits on them...or if my gums are still puffy pink...they'll remember the love and joy and security of growing up in a our family.

I am immensely thankful to enjoy the benefits of braces....

  • "To God be the glory, great things he had done!
  • So loved he the world that he gave us his son,
  • Who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
  • And opened the life-gat that we may in. "

10 comments:

holski said...

Gorgeous... Just gorgeous!!!! Congratulations on everything. =)

eric said...

hi, I really love your blog. Your smile is amazing and your family is gorgeous. I am 3 days post -op of lower jaw surgery. I was wondering if you had any advice regarding children. I am a SAHM as well, and I
have a 22 month old daughter who is the light of our lives. I was just wondering if you were so scared of getting accidently hit, by a wandering leg or arm. She is a great girl, but we have just started having tantrums. Any advice would be greatly aprreciated.
thanks
ellie warren
elliewarren@yahoo.com

Rex N Effex said...

You look amazing! Congrats!

Aimee said...

Awwww, you look so beautiful. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Look at that! An unobstructed smile~ It's BEAUTIFUL!!

I would imagine congratulations on another fromt will be warranted by this time, the arrival of a new blessing to your family. I'm so happy things have fallen into place for your family, Katherine, and wish you every blessing and joy that they bring you :)

Take good care and thinking of you
xoxo

Richard said...

Hello Katherine,

Was a bit surprised when I came across your blog and saw it was a combined blog about babies and braces! Still, it works well. Just looking at some of the before and after photos I can see the treatment has made a real difference and hope you are delighted with the results. I know it has been a while since you updated your blog but it is an interested read none the less. Well done on blogging about what can be a daunting treatment – gives a great personal insight into the treatment that can benefit other people considering the treatment.

I noticed that you provide some links and was wondering if you would consider linking the http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/ This would give you and your followers access to a range of information concerning dental treatment like TMJ and braces.

The Cosmetic Dentistry Guide is the leading provider of cosmetic dental information online in the UK and the most visited in the world, and includes a forum as well as an expert answers section, so if you have any questions about teething for example then feel free!

Orthodontics - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/orthodontics.html
TMJ - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/tmj.html

Our homepage is: http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/

Look forward to seeing an update soon and hope you are happy with the results.


Richard.

Joel said...

You look awesome. It's nice to hear that you are very positive with all of your dental procedures. My wife will soon have her invisalign. Chicago, where we live, housed a lot of good dentist. We hope to see someone who would be patient with her and her pregnancy. Keep safe!

Dr. Ordon plastic surgeon said...

It is very hard to be a mother.When you have to keep the pains to yourself and let the children take the joys of life.the healing of the pain happens eventually but the joys remain forever.Every surgery entails some little pain or the other.

Unknown said...

I came across your blog and found it very interesting. I've been thinking about taking my kid into a practice that handles child orthodontics in Omaha and found your blog super helpful, thanks

Anonymous said...

This was such an interesting post. And I loved the title. My child is about a year old and I'm looking around trying to find a good child orthodontist in Omaha. Wish me luck. Best of luck to you too.