Tuesday, August 19, 2008

small bites

This week, my teeth are moving in baby steps, but as any braces wearer will confirm, a little change goes a long way. My bite now fits together in two different spots. The only way to describe it is that I'm beginning to "sense" what my final bite will be. If I push my lower jaw forward, the right side matches up. If I push my jaw & correct the asymmetry, then the left side matches.

It's exciting to feel movement and confirm that postponing surgery was a good thing. Overall, I feel general dental achiness shifting from tooth to tooth, plus some jaw pain and headaches through the day. I think the latter two symptoms come from clenching my jaw (especially when I try to pull my lips together).

Saturday I took the children to hear Lunch Money perform at our library. Marvelous outing. Though I couldn't eat any of the free popcorn, watching the children boogie to the music while wearing balloon critters was too cute. Rock on.

No comments: