Saturday, February 2, 2008

Why blog?

Seeing photographs of other people's teeth moving during treatment is *so* encouraging. After my initial consultation with an orthodontist, I had many questions. Reading personal experiences has helped me sort through the plethora of info out there. Though my unhappiness with my teeth and profile brought me this far, will I still like my face if I go through with surgery? Is my recessed chin that noticeable? Is my bite responsible for my headaches & ear issues? How much will all this cost? How will my plans for more children tie in with their proposal for orthognathic surgery?

I am still looking for more information about juggling orthodontic treatment with small children. Hopefully, journaling this process will help someone else who finds themself in a similar position. My plans are to post about once a week.

My braces have been on for about 10 days. They are beginning to feel normal, though my bite continues to change every 2 days or so. It feels really weird. I have an appointment with an oral surgeon on Wednesday, Feb 6th. I am curious what he will advise. My younger daughter is 8 months old and still nursing. How will my plan to delay weaning another six months fit into the treatment plan? I was kinda thinking about a third pregnancy in mid-to-late 2008. Does this still make sense? We'll see. I am still undecided about surgery. At this point, it's still 50-50.


No comments: