Monday, February 4, 2008

On pondering surgery...







My appt with the oral surgeon is this week. I am excited, apprehensive, cautious. This afternoon, while my children are napping simultaneously (which almost never happens!), I looked through some photos. Does everyone get this obsessed with their teeth? I found a few that triggered strong internal cringing. From a certain angle my smile looks great, but from other angles, it looks, well, awful. Here are a few for comparison.

Good news tidbit: I faced two large social events this week in full braces. Just kept telling myself to "exude confidence & radiate beauty". It's corny, but it really did help!

1 comment:

Ananda Devika said...

Yes! I am totally that obsessed with my teeth.

I was nervous about going to public events with my braces, but I was amazed by the number of people (with perfect smiles) who came up and related their surgery stories to me... someday that will be me, encouraging the newbies in braces...