Thursday, February 28, 2008

First adjustment

It was very anticlimactic. I had been a little concerned about having spacers put in; this was postponed until next month. Several metal ties were placed to close in gaps created after my initial banding. Ouch, I felt like my teeth were twisting out of my mouth. Let me just say how wonderful braces have been for my flossing routine – now there is enough space to actually clean between my teeth. Oh, and new ligatures rock. Yeah!

My orthodontist, Dr. B, looked at my mouth for about 30 seconds. Then I spoke up and said, “Wait, I have a few questions!” I wanted to discuss the oral surgeon’s notes, to talk about Dr. T’s textbook (which I tracked down through inter library loan), and get a sense of my timeline. Well, everyone was pleasant but I could tell they were ready to go home. My entire appointment lasted about 10 minutes. I hope the rushed treatment was due to the time of day and not to the fact that I was now locked into treatment. Everyone was so accommodating during my previous two appointments. My mouth is sore enough that it woke me up this morning but not nearly as bad as before. Thank goodness.

No comments: