Thursday, March 13, 2008

"It's medically necessary"

...the official word from my health insurance. This is wonderful news!


To prepare myself for the idea of surgery, I have been utterly immersed in orthognathic blogs and adult braces websites. Thank you to everyone who's shared their experiences.

The library nerd has struck again! I checked out my surgeon's oral surgery textbook. Much appreciation goes to Diane at our local library who helped me track down a copy. The book contained an immense amount of information. The photographs were shocking, though not at all what I had expected. For instance, a Lefort surgery depicted a man who had his face attacked by a chainsaw. Ouch! My own possible surgery pales in comparison.

I do wish it weren't such a complicated decision. Deciding to buy our first home was so much easier. Though I'll need to re-certify every 90 days, I am thrilled with the good news this week.

No comments: